Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
Three to five years of relevant work experience.
EIT Certification, PE license a plus.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, knowledge of structural design software is a plus
Proficiency in MS Office.
Effective communicator that is fluent in English
Intermediate ability in writing reports
Ability to perform work individually or as part of a team.
Transportation to and from offices and project locations
Work with little supervision.
Suspended/Stationary Scaffold Certification a plus.
Must be US citizen or green card holder.
The purpose of this position is to provide inspection, surveying, and construction administration services for structural renovation/rehabilitation projects. Provide engineering supervision, advice, expertise and assistance with all structural-related construction and engineering issues related to projects.
- Read and comprehend construction documents.
- Calculate, prepare and review construction estimates and other related material.
- Communicate with Contractors and Owners.
- Prepare written reports, letters, field reports, and minutes of meetings.
- Inspect existing field conditions and determine appropriate repairs.
- Observe installed work for conformance to design documents and direct Contractor personnel.
- Provide design and analysis of structural components of buildings and other structures.
- Prepare and analyze plans for static and dynamic loading to ensure the structures support and resist the loads they are subjected to.
- Determine creative and efficient solutions to engineering issues.
- Provide designs, drawings, specifications and other technical submissions.
- Administer construction contracts and the coordination of any elements of technical submissions prepared by others.
- Review and make recommendations on whether to approve construction shop drawings, submittals, shoring plans and design calculations.
Salary and benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid vacations, Holidays, 401K, Medical and Dental Insurance. Flexible work hours.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.