Location Brooklyn, New York
Client New York City School Construction Authority
This public school for students with profound cognitive and disabilities wanted to upgrade it 382-seat, 2,400 sq ft auditorium to include areas for eight wheelchairs. The complete renovation included:
- Replacement of non-conforming audience chair seats with new including provisions for wheel chair spaces. (382 seats and 8 wheelchair viewing positions)
- Replacement of egress doors, floor and wall finishes throughout including wood battens
- Replacement of ceiling finish with high NRC acoustical ceiling style ceiling (2,400 SF)
- Restoration of stage flooring, proscenium curtains, draperies, rigging system and theatrical lighting system
- Provide ADA access to stage via vertical platform lift at west end.
- Renovated and made accessible restrooms at auditorium lobby.